2. Some of these fashion hacks are old news (I surmise ladies have been fixing runs in their tights with nail polish since Sputnik), some are a little too much to handle (spritzing vodka on my skirt, please only on a Saturday night), and some seem downright useful (nail polish on my sunglasses, here I come). Is it bad that I want to spill some red wine just so I can see if white will clean it up? Did someone say wine? Continue Reading
I’ve been on a bit of a jewelry binge lately, so July’s shopping picks highlight some of my favorite pieces and recent finds. July for me has turned into a month of mixing soft and feminine pieces (think embellished necklines and and lace sleeves) with those that are understated and refined, so I made sure to pick several pieces that reflect each of these styles.
1. Am I excited for Hilary Duff’s return to music? You betcha! I have no shame in admitting I was a ‘So Yesterday’ and ‘Come Clean’ fan back in the early 2000s. And did I mention how amazing she looks in the promo photo for ‘Chasing the Sun!?’ You go H. Duff!
2. The power of commas, folks. I, too, thought the worst when reading this AP tweet.
3. Yesterday, Refinery 29 posted a how-to video for achieving the wet hair look. 1. We can’t all be Beyoncé. 2. If I want my hair to look wet, I will literally walk out of the house straight from the shower. In other words, I think I’ll pass on cementing my hair down with spritz, spray, and gel. Continue Reading
I realize ‘ear candy’ may sound a little strange, but I can think of no better way to describe this (and last) summer’s jewelry staple. In addition to bright statement necklaces and delicate midi rings, ear cuffs and crawlers are making their mark as accessories to be reckoned with. These little (or sometimes giant) wonders aren’t just for the edgy anymore — they now range from bold and elaborate to subtle and elegant and can be seen giving classic styles a pop of trend!
Right now, my level of interest in ear cuffs/crawlers is that of intrigue; I have high hopes of trying this trend, but am not quite sure how it will turn out on my petite ears. Nonetheless, I’ve pulled together six relatively dainty cuffs/crawlers at three different price points for all you other beginner ‘ear’udites to take for a spin. And by all means, let me know how you make ear cuffs/crawlers work for you!
1. The fit-and-flare silhouette, just-the-right-amount-of-leg hemline, and from-a-bygone-era lace insert make this Valentino knit dress one to swoon over. Oooh and aaah over the rest of the Valentino Fall 2014 runway here.
2. Already thinking ahead to summer 2015, I can barely contain my excitement for Kate Spade’s freshly announced swimwear line. Think ’60s glam, bold bows, and cheeky idioms. (h/t Fashionista) Continue Reading