2. As a girl with sometimes wavy, always frizzy hair, Bumble and bumble’s Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil is my little-goes-a-long-way lifesaver. Work one, maybe two, pump(s) through the body of your hair, add a little dab to your ends, and you’ll see a world of difference. Invisible Oil gets The Glamour Less seal of approval. Continue Reading
Let’s set the scene: You live in an area where you must walk at least part of the way to work. It’s hot; it’s sticky, and you just want your feet to breathe before being cooped up in an office all day — or — you’re racing to make it into work on-time, which has incidentally transformed you into a champion power walker. In either case, comfort during your commute is your top priority. So what do you do? You strap on flip flops or sneakers and set off on your merry way.
I’ve seen everyone from interns to management commit this business-attire indiscretion (and may or may not have comitted it once or twice myself). But there is hope. Just nix the flip flops and sneakers and embrace these shoe solutions:
1. D’Orsay. I’m a known supporter of the d’Orsay flat (see April’s post, Feeling Flat). D’Orsays are a solid wear-to-work option with their sleek silhouette that still allows for a fair amount of air flow. Look for d’Orsays that provide full coverage in the toe region to limit irritation or discomfort brought on by long-distance walking. I’m loving this cap-toe pair by Chinese Laundry and these Ivanka Trump beauts. Continue Reading
With the summer season comes pool days, beach vacations, and…casual Fridays at the office! I jump at the chance to temporarily escape from suit separates and button downs when the sun is beating down on me and the humidity is already at 80% by 8am. Speaking of the heat/humidity — it’s never easy dealing with the summer sun outside while the office building inside is colder than the polar vortex. To compensate, I try to reduce my outfits to layers — like sleeveless shells or dresses with blazers or fitted jackets. (Blazers are also a quick way to professional-ize my outfit if I suddenly get called into a more formal meeting.) Continue Reading
1. I’m not very fond of the fact that pre-fall lines hit the racks just when I’m getting into the swing of summer. It makes me feel like my swimsuit-wearing days are slipping away faster than I can say “cannonball!” That being said, Zara really hit it out of the park with their new outerwear options. I’m loving these poppy red and canary yellow crewneck coats and this combined faux leather blazer.
2. Need a vacation? Of course you do. This Fast Company article spells out how taking time away from the office can actually help you improve at your work. Two tickets to Cabo, please!
3. I recently stumbled upon Nichole Ciotti’s lifestyle blog, Vanilla Extract. Her posts range from OOTD-style photos to beauty tips for the lazy girl – and have just the right amount of spunk (not to mention that her hair is just fantastic). Definitely a blog worth checking out.
4. Rihanna’s CFDA Awards bare-all number is all anyone can talk about. But not only can you see every inch of her body in the Adam Selman dress, you can also see her twerk in it. And apparently this is news, folks.
5. And now for the moment everyone’s been waiting for…season 2 of Orange is the New Black premieres on Netflix today! If you need a season 1 refresher before starting your OITNB binge, Refinery 29 has a quick eight-slide course. Happy watching (please no spoilers)!
I’ve always dreamed of wearing a tea-length full pleated skirt and looking like I just walked out of an Audrey Hepburn movie. Unfortunately, this classic look doesn’t fit well into my 9-to-5 lifestyle — but all hope is not lost! Pleats have reentered mainstream style with the rise of the midi skirt, and now there are plenty of work and weekend-worthy substitutes ready to be consumed by the Average Jane.