I’ve been on a bit of a jewelry binge lately, so July’s shopping picks highlight some of my favorite pieces and recent finds. July for me has turned into a month of mixing soft and feminine pieces (think embellished necklines and and lace sleeves) with those that are understated and refined, so I made sure to pick several pieces that reflect each of these styles.
1. Am I excited for Hilary Duff’s return to music? You betcha! I have no shame in admitting I was a ‘So Yesterday’ and ‘Come Clean’ fan back in the early 2000s. And did I mention how amazing she looks in the promo photo for ‘Chasing the Sun!?’ You go H. Duff!
2. The power of commas, folks. I, too, thought the worst when reading this AP tweet.
3. Yesterday, Refinery 29 posted a how-to video for achieving the wet hair look. 1. We can’t all be Beyoncé. 2. If I want my hair to look wet, I will literally walk out of the house straight from the shower. In other words, I think I’ll pass on cementing my hair down with spritz, spray, and gel. Continue Reading
I realize ‘ear candy’ may sound a little strange, but I can think of no better way to describe this (and last) summer’s jewelry staple. In addition to bright statement necklaces and delicate midi rings, ear cuffs and crawlers are making their mark as accessories to be reckoned with. These little (or sometimes giant) wonders aren’t just for the edgy anymore — they now range from bold and elaborate to subtle and elegant and can be seen giving classic styles a pop of trend!
Right now, my level of interest in ear cuffs/crawlers is that of intrigue; I have high hopes of trying this trend, but am not quite sure how it will turn out on my petite ears. Nonetheless, I’ve pulled together six relatively dainty cuffs/crawlers at three different price points for all you other beginner ‘ear’udites to take for a spin. And by all means, let me know how you make ear cuffs/crawlers work for you!
1. The fit-and-flare silhouette, just-the-right-amount-of-leg hemline, and from-a-bygone-era lace insert make this Valentino knit dress one to swoon over. Oooh and aaah over the rest of the Valentino Fall 2014 runway here.
2. Already thinking ahead to summer 2015, I can barely contain my excitement for Kate Spade’s freshly announced swimwear line. Think ’60s glam, bold bows, and cheeky idioms. (h/t Fashionista) Continue Reading
It took me far too long to jump on the maxi bandwagon, but in the hot hot heat of summer 2014, I’m glad I did. I bought my first maxi dress at the tail end of last summer on super sale from LOFT, after searching long and hard for one that didn’t boast a giant floral print and was long enough to actually graze the tops of my feet. Luckily, I found this navy and off-white number that I now just about live in on summer weekends and leaves me saying ‘maximize me!’ Continue Reading