1. Am I excited for Hilary Duff’s return to music? You betcha! I have no shame in admitting I was a ‘So Yesterday’ and ‘Come Clean’ fan back in the early 2000s. And did I mention how amazing she looks in the promo photo for ‘Chasing the Sun!?’ You go H. Duff!
2. The power of commas, folks. I, too, thought the worst when reading this AP tweet.
3. Yesterday, Refinery 29 posted a how-to video for achieving the wet hair look. 1. We can’t all be Beyoncé. 2. If I want my hair to look wet, I will literally walk out of the house straight from the shower. In other words, I think I’ll pass on cementing my hair down with spritz, spray, and gel. Continue Reading
1. Liar liar pants on fire to all you fashion girls out there. Yesterday, Lauren Fisher for Harper’s Bazaar divulged the 10 Lies Fashion Girls Tell in her short listicle. Spoiler: If I tell you I’m on my way, realistically it really means I just got out of the shower. What’s a little white lie?
2. When craving something fresh, I look no further than a plain and simple cucumber — cucumber slices, cucumber salad — any form of cucumber will work for me. This affinity also carries through to my cocktail preferences as cucumber offers a great alternative to the many sweet and sugary drinks out there. Check out this cucumber-honeydew blender and this green machine on the rocks. Continue Reading
1. Ever #gocommando…at the gym that is? The folks at Dear Kate engineered a new type of yoga pant that is designed to let you workout sans skivvies, and Refinery 29 took at crack at it (haha).
2. As a girl with sometimes wavy, always frizzy hair, Bumble and bumble’s Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil is my little-goes-a-long-way lifesaver. Work one, maybe two, pump(s) through the body of your hair, add a little dab to your ends, and you’ll see a world of difference. Invisible Oil gets The Glamour Less seal of approval. Continue Reading
1. I’m not very fond of the fact that pre-fall lines hit the racks just when I’m getting into the swing of summer. It makes me feel like my swimsuit-wearing days are slipping away faster than I can say “cannonball!” That being said, Zara really hit it out of the park with their new outerwear options. I’m loving these poppy red and canary yellow crewneck coats and this combined faux leather blazer.
2. Need a vacation? Of course you do. This Fast Company article spells out how taking time away from the office can actually help you improve at your work. Two tickets to Cabo, please!
3. I recently stumbled upon Nichole Ciotti’s lifestyle blog, Vanilla Extract. Her posts range from OOTD-style photos to beauty tips for the lazy girl – and have just the right amount of spunk (not to mention that her hair is just fantastic). Definitely a blog worth checking out.
4. Rihanna’s CFDA Awards bare-all number is all anyone can talk about. But not only can you see every inch of her body in the Adam Selman dress, you can also see her twerk in it. And apparently this is news, folks.
5. And now for the moment everyone’s been waiting for…season 2 of Orange is the New Black premieres on Netflix today! If you need a season 1 refresher before starting your OITNB binge, Refinery 29 has a quick eight-slide course. Happy watching (please no spoilers)!
1. Apparently neoprene is no longer just for wetsuits and swimwear as the material is popping up in everything from dresses and skirts to track jackets this season. So, if you feel like a fish out of water wearing cottons and knits, swim over to J. Crew and Clover Canyon to get your neoprene fix.
2. Flash-back Friday, folks. It looks like temporary tattoos are making a comeback with Flash Tattoos. These jewelry-inspired temp. tattoos have been picked up by brands, like Nicole Miller, and Continue Reading