2. Some of these fashion hacks are old news (I surmise ladies have been fixing runs in their tights with nail polish since Sputnik), some are a little too much to handle (spritzing vodka on my skirt, please only on a Saturday night), and some seem downright useful (nail polish on my sunglasses, here I come). Is it bad that I want to spill some red wine just so I can see if white will clean it up? Did someone say wine? Continue Reading
1. Am I excited for Hilary Duff’s return to music? You betcha! I have no shame in admitting I was a ‘So Yesterday’ and ‘Come Clean’ fan back in the early 2000s. And did I mention how amazing she looks in the promo photo for ‘Chasing the Sun!?’ You go H. Duff!
2. The power of commas, folks. I, too, thought the worst when reading this AP tweet.
3. Yesterday, Refinery 29 posted a how-to video for achieving the wet hair look. 1. We can’t all be Beyoncé. 2. If I want my hair to look wet, I will literally walk out of the house straight from the shower. In other words, I think I’ll pass on cementing my hair down with spritz, spray, and gel. Continue Reading
1. Blake Lively, red carpet extraordinaire and my Queen B (or S), is finally launching her lifestyle and e-commerce website at the end of the month. Come July 23, we will be able to dip into “curated fashionable items,” recipes, and probably a handful of other things I’m set to swoon over.
2. In need of a new twitter account to follow? Check out the CIA. The intel agency just celebrated their one month #twitterversary with several humorous tweets directed at everything from forgotten passwords to Ellen DeGeneres. Spoiler: No, they don’t know where Tupac is. Continue Reading
1. SJP is coming back to TV – this time in a show based on the book, Busted, A Tale of Corruption and Betrayal in the City of Brotherly Love. Wonder if this role will let her stay true to her style-icon ways?
2. In an article about Kesha’s upcoming Teen Vogue cover, Refinery 29 asks, “Are freckles making a comeback?” Call me old-fashioned, but I wouldn’t consider flaunting freckles a trend. Either you got ’em, or you don’t! Continue Reading
1. I’m not very fond of the fact that pre-fall lines hit the racks just when I’m getting into the swing of summer. It makes me feel like my swimsuit-wearing days are slipping away faster than I can say “cannonball!” That being said, Zara really hit it out of the park with their new outerwear options. I’m loving these poppy red and canary yellow crewneck coats and this combined faux leather blazer.
2. Need a vacation? Of course you do. This Fast Company article spells out how taking time away from the office can actually help you improve at your work. Two tickets to Cabo, please!
3. I recently stumbled upon Nichole Ciotti’s lifestyle blog, Vanilla Extract. Her posts range from OOTD-style photos to beauty tips for the lazy girl – and have just the right amount of spunk (not to mention that her hair is just fantastic). Definitely a blog worth checking out.
4. Rihanna’s CFDA Awards bare-all number is all anyone can talk about. But not only can you see every inch of her body in the Adam Selman dress, you can also see her twerk in it. And apparently this is news, folks.
5. And now for the moment everyone’s been waiting for…season 2 of Orange is the New Black premieres on Netflix today! If you need a season 1 refresher before starting your OITNB binge, Refinery 29 has a quick eight-slide course. Happy watching (please no spoilers)!