1. SJP is coming back to TV – this time in a show based on the book, Busted, A Tale of Corruption and Betrayal in the City of Brotherly Love. Wonder if this role will let her stay true to her style-icon ways?
2. In an article about Kesha’s upcoming Teen Vogue cover, Refinery 29 asks, “Are freckles making a comeback?” Call me old-fashioned, but I wouldn’t consider flaunting freckles a trend. Either you got ’em, or you don’t! Continue Reading
1. I’m not very fond of the fact that pre-fall lines hit the racks just when I’m getting into the swing of summer. It makes me feel like my swimsuit-wearing days are slipping away faster than I can say “cannonball!” That being said, Zara really hit it out of the park with their new outerwear options. I’m loving these poppy red and canary yellow crewneck coats and this combined faux leather blazer.
2. Need a vacation? Of course you do. This Fast Company article spells out how taking time away from the office can actually help you improve at your work. Two tickets to Cabo, please!
3. I recently stumbled upon Nichole Ciotti’s lifestyle blog, Vanilla Extract. Her posts range from OOTD-style photos to beauty tips for the lazy girl – and have just the right amount of spunk (not to mention that her hair is just fantastic). Definitely a blog worth checking out.
4. Rihanna’s CFDA Awards bare-all number is all anyone can talk about. But not only can you see every inch of her body in the Adam Selman dress, you can also see her twerk in it. And apparently this is news, folks.
5. And now for the moment everyone’s been waiting for…season 2 of Orange is the New Black premieres on Netflix today! If you need a season 1 refresher before starting your OITNB binge, Refinery 29 has a quick eight-slide course. Happy watching (please no spoilers)!
1. Apparently neoprene is no longer just for wetsuits and swimwear as the material is popping up in everything from dresses and skirts to track jackets this season. So, if you feel like a fish out of water wearing cottons and knits, swim over to J. Crew and Clover Canyon to get your neoprene fix.
2. Flash-back Friday, folks. It looks like temporary tattoos are making a comeback with Flash Tattoos. These jewelry-inspired temp. tattoos have been picked up by brands, like Nicole Miller, and Continue Reading
1. Earlier this week, Cupcakes and Cashmere posted about her five favorite bras, and I couldn’t be more excited. As she points out, we often avoid the taboo topic of undergarments, but it’s this topic that really needs some ‘support’ (haha).
2. I recently stumbled upon a 2011 post on One Good Thing by Jillee that details how to rid your shirts of yellow armpit stains. With summer fast approaching, this how-to may serve more useful than ever in tackling those (extra) lived in white tees and undershirts.
3. The free Water Your Body app for Android calculates your optimum daily water intake based on your current body weight, and sends out regular reminders Continue Reading
For a little change-up on The Glamour Less, I’ve decided to share with you a small sampling of web articles, blog posts, and general musings I found particularly interesting this week. Happy reading!
1. A never-before-seen Degas/Cassatt exhibit opened last Saturday at the National Gallery of Art. The show, described as “stunning” and “most exquisite,” celebrates the artists’ mutual influence through 70 of their works in a variety of media, and I can’t wait to get there. Luckily, there is plenty of time to check out this highly recommended exhibit before it closes on October 5.
2. There’s a new post up on Lauren Conrad’s blog about the healthy benefits of oil pulling (a/k/a the ancient Indian folk remedy used for detoxification). The blogger behind the article now swears by it — though she points out that it is a little hard to maintain the practice — and I have to say I agree having tried it in the past. Form your own conclusions, but oil pulling may be Continue Reading